Our Protected Disclosures Policy ensures transparency and accountability in our administrative and management practices, and supports the making of disclosures that reveal improper conduct.
PROTECTED DISCLOSURE POLICY
North East Water is committed to the aims and objectives of the Protected Disclosures Act 2012. It does not tolerate improper conduct by its employees, officers or members, nor nor the taking of reprisals against those who came forward to disclose such conduct.
North East Water will take all reasonable steps to protect people who make such disclosures from any detrimental action in reprisal from making the disclosure.
North East Water is committed to encouraging staff to disclose improper conduct by:
- being visible, approachable, opening communicating and leading by example
- being clear about what conduct is unacceptable
- raising awareness within North East Water of responsibilities to disclose and how to do this
- advising staff of their right to disclose
- making sure that there is information readily available on how to make a disclosure, and ensuring staff members are familiar with these procedures and codes of conduct
- letting staff know that they can seek advice confidentially and anonymously for North East Water's Protected Disclosure Coordinator
- reassuring staff that detrimental action will not be tolerated and they will be protected
- ensuring North East Water handles protected disclosures consistently and appropriately.