Skip to content Skip to navigation
Report a fault

Report a fault

If you spot a leaking or burst water main or sewer spill, or have dirty water or water with taste or odour, report it on 1300 361 644.

For all all emergencies, service interruptions or faults including water mains breaks, sewage spills or water quality concerns (like dirty water or taste and odour issues), call us on 1300 361 644 at anytime, any day of the year.

Water leaks

Before you report a leak it's important to identify where the leak is coming from. North East Water is typically responsible for the meter and pipes from the street to the meter. If the leak is coming from the North East Water side, call us on 1300 361 644, day or night, any day of the year.

The property owner is responsible for maintaining and repairing pipes from the water meter to the customer's house (including any issues with your garden tap).

Do you have discoloured water?

If you are experiencing discoloured or cloudy water, try running the tap at the front of your property for a few minutes until the water is clear.

If your water supply does not clear after five minutes, please call us on 1300 361 644 (24/7).

Turning off your water in an emergency

In an emergency you can stop the flow of water to your house by turning off the stop tap at your water meter. Your water meter is usually located close to the front of the property.

If you are unable to stop the flow of water by turning off the stop tap, or are unable to turn off the stop tap itself, call us on 1300 361 644.

Check for reported bursts & leaks as well as planned interruptions in your area.

Already reported faults Planned interruptions