Skip to content Skip to navigation
Residential tenant

Residential tenant

Moving in or out of a rental property? Here's what you need to know.

As the tenant, you’re responsible for paying for all water usage charges.

Here’s what to do if you’re moving:

Moving out of a property

If you’re a tenant moving out of a rental property here are the steps to follow.

At least two business days before moving out, you need to:

  • advise us of the date you're moving out and tell us your forwarding address so you can receive your final bill.
  • ensure we have access to your meter for final reading – this means you won’t need to pay for usage after you move out.

Tenancy advice form

Complete the above form or call us on 1300 361 633.

Moving into a property

If you’re moving in, it’s the responsibility of your landlord or property manager to let us know. However, to make sure the process is timely and that we have your correct details, you can register with us by emailing, calling 1300 361 633, or using the below form.

Tenancy advice form