Private waterlines or water supply by agreements can be requested through the Property Services team at email@example.com or calling 1300 361 622.
Agreements are required when:
- our reticulation system does not front a consumer’s property and the consumer can only obtain supply by installing a private water line, or
- a consumer wants to obtain a supply of non-drinking water from a supply main between a water source and a water treatment plant, or
- a consumers property is outside a declared Water District.
Any agreement to supply water outside a declared Water District must be approved by the Water Minister and we cannot supply water to a consumer until this approval is given.
Applications will be considered with the following criteria:
- impact on North East Water’s bulk entitlement for individual systems and supply capacity ability
- ensuring that a new application will not disadvantage current customers or the needs of potential customers
- risk to the integrity of our infrastructure
- service standards relevant to the applicant and/or existing customers
- the purpose for which the water is to be used
- ongoing issues for North East Water.
If a request for a water supply is successful, a licensed plumber must install the private water line extension to meet relevant regulations and standards. These include:
- consideration of backflow prevention to meet AS3500
- a water meter is fitted as near as practical to the tapping point on the Corporation’s water main.