Moving as a Tenant

Moving as a tenant

We know moving house can be a busy, exciting time. To help you through the process we have outlined what you need to do in order to transfer your water account when moving as a tenant.

What you need to do

Contact us at least two working days prior to vacating or entering a new property to ensure a final meter reading occurs and advise us of your forwarding address or address where the final account can be sent.

What North East Water will do

The water meter will be read (a fee will apply) and a final account will be issued to the previous tenant or owner.

The new tenant/owner will then be responsible for future water charges.

Quick link to Tenant Vacating Form and Tenant Entering Form.